Monday, September 17, 2007

My First Recipe Post


My bloggy friend, Sarah, often posts recipes on her blog. I've tried out quite a few and they are DELICIOUS. In preparation for tomorrow's Cookie Night with the Partner's Club, I tried out this one. AMAZING. Huge fan. They are also very easy. Perfect for baking novices like me.

Sarah, hopefully you don't mind me passing this one along! I just can't resist.

Iced Shortbread Thumbprints

1 cup butter, softened

2/3 cup sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla

2 cups flour

1/2 cup preserves, any kind (I used Peach, Strawberry, and Raspberry)


1/2 cup confectioners sugar

1 tablespoon milk

1/2 teaspoon vanilla


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and sugar together with mixer. Add vanilla. Gradually add flour until combined. Roll dough into 1 1/2 inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Using your thumb, make an indentation in the center of each cookie. Fill with 1/2 teaspoon preserves. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow to rest on cookie sheet. In a small bowl, mix together confectioners sugar, milk and vanilla. Drizzle over warm cookies. Yield: 2 dozen
I'll see what I can do about adding more of my favorite recipes one of these days...
Enjoy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, Mandy got that same recipe from somewhere (my mom maybe?) and we've had multiple requests for it. It's popular!

Short Stop said...

YAY! So glad you made these and shared the recipe!! I hope your group enjoys them, too! :)