Thursday, January 24, 2008

And the Journey Continues

Does life ever get dull? I don't think mine has... it is always changing. And I'm still working on trusting God with each twist or turn.

The next one regards my job. Back in September I took a part time administrative assistant job with the local Chamber of Commerce and have really had an excellent 5ish months with them. SUCH a great group of people who made me feel welcomed and appreciated from the moment I started. And then "Big Z" (as I refer to it in my head) came back and surprised me with an offer to come back with them full time. Josh and I spent significant time thinking and praying about it, and decided it would be the best move. It is definitely an honor to be offered such a great position, and it will be a great way to grow in my career. Praise be to the God that opens the right doors at the right time.

Today was my last day at the Chamber, and I'll be back full time with Z starting on Monday. This new job will involve some travel, but not too far or too much. I'm excited to learn some new things... and I know I have a long way to go! And I'll be back in GR a little more often, which is sad in a sense as I'll be away from Josh but nice in the sense that I'll get to see family and friends a bit more.

... and the Chamber folks were sweet enough to send me off with a really nice card and gift certificate to a yummy local place. How nice is that? I'll definitely miss them.

2 comments:

Jenni S. said...

Congrats on the job opportunity with "big Z!" What a great opportunity to keep ties open with them while you all are down in B-town (as Dave and I call it).

the buurstra's said...

congrats on the new gig...God is great!!

looking forward to hearing more about it next week! yay LOST!