Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Completely Random


I realized that I've missed blogging about some things recently, so here is some catch up.

See left for a shot of Josh & family playing some golf from our recent trip to Phoenix. I was observing the game from a hill next to the bunker - a great place to sit. We spent a relaxing 5-ish days in the Phoenix area over New Year's. Lots of good eating, board game playing (I even won a couple games of Settler's and Ticket To Ride this time!) and family time. Plus IU was in a bowl game (BIG STUFF for IU) and we got to see them lose. Sad, but still fun to go and support the Hoosiers. Plus, who doesn't get excited about a little arm marching?
-
And now we're back in Indiana and working/schooling/etc. and have been for about a week.

I am in LOVE with my new Cricut. A scrapbooker/card maker's dream. Seriously, with the exception of the Christmas tree on the left, everything you can see here was cut out with my new toy.
-
I'm not a manual-reader but my friend Lora is and went through page by page and explained all the cool features. Glad she did because I learned all sorts of fun things about its capabilities. Like big shapes, small shapes, paper saving, etc. I'm looking forward to making special cards and things for family and friends. Plus the exciting scrapbooking dimension... mm... :)
-
And of course a fur-ball update. Josh and I came home from AZ early Thursday morning, but we didn't get the rug-rat back until Sunday evening. A very sad couple of days! But we knew of someone that was conveniently already driving from Grand Rapids to Bloomington that Sunday and figured it was worth it to wait. Definitely nice to not have to take a big road trip to get him! But we're super excited to have him back at home with us. What a joy he is, even if he does like to chew on my slippers from time to time.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

the buurstra's said...

i meant to say this at Christmastime...

SO EXTREMELY AND INSANELY JEALOUS

of your Cricut...have fun with it!

:)