Thursday, March 6, 2008

First Full Day

Yes, family, we´re still alive!

Today Josh and I took a day trip , along with 9 others, to the beach at Viña Del Mar - beautiful and right on the Pacific. And about an hour away. Praise the Lord for a super sweet and helpful driver, along with a schoolmate of Josh´s that is fluent in Spanish. Otherwise the trip may well have been a complete disaster.

Since right now is the equivalent of early September for Chileans it was too cold for swimming and such, but we enjoyed the view. Sadly I can´t post pictures but we enjoyed lunch at a great place RIGHT on the water. Then explored and shopped around some nearby areas, then loaded up in the big van for the trip home.

And now it is early evening and we´re up for more adventures, this time in Santiago. We´d like to try some Peruvian food, so we´ll see what we come up with...

Adios!

3 comments:

Jaimbob said...

Early September is too cold to go into the water...!!! Has Indiana made you a softy Witte? ;)

Jenni S. said...

Ooooo, I can't wait to hear about the food! Of course, that's partly because I haven't eaten breakfast yet! :)

Short Stop said...

LOL at Jaime's comment! She never ceases to crack me up!

I'm so glad you're having a good time! I am SOOOOOO ready for beach days around here. I really can't wait!