Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sonic the Hedgehog


Did anyone else play this game on their Sega Genesis?
We didn't have a Sega, but my cousins did and my Erin and would sit and play this ALL THE TIME. We knew all the hidden passageways where you could get extra rings and lives for Sonic. All of the loop-de-loops and springs and pirahnas and waterfalls. And for the last ten years I've wished periodically for the opportunity to sit and play again.
Then yesterday Josh found the game on the iTunes and downloaded it to my iPod. It is the exact same game as the one I used to play.
Super excited.
And I'm terrible at it.

3 comments:

Jaimbob said...

I use to love that game... I would always remember the intro when it would say "SEGA" and then the music! Oh fun memories! How do you play it via ipod?

Jenni S. said...

Oh my goodness, if my husband finds out about this, there will be no end to the Sonic! Have fun!

Camels & Chocolate said...

I LOVED Sonic the Hedgehog. Funny, my sister and I had every other video game console imaginable - Atari, Nintendo, Gameboy, Super Nintendo, N64, Playstation, XBox, etc. - but never a Sega. So I would get super excited anytime I went over to a friend or family member's house who had it.

Recently, I saw that they've made a Mario vs. Sonic Olympic Game for Wii, and I'm thinking that's a $40 investment I'll be making soon!

Also, my cousin's dog's name is Riley, too, and I think that's just the cutest name ever. Unfortunately for my cousin, she's pregnant (that's not the unfortunate part) and when she realized she might want to name her daughter that, it was too late -- and her husband refuses to let her change the dog's name!