Sunday, April 27, 2008

Friends, Feet, and Food

Oh, and work. These things defined this past week for me!
Friends
Along with catching up over the phone with people on my drives to and fro, I got to spend time with several GR friends and family. SO good to see everyone again! I miss them!
I got to see my parents, bloggy friends (below), a few cousins (a couple of whom live in the basement of my parents' house, which is convenient!), an old co-worker + baby Chloe, AND the Telman family, including their newest addition who is darling and sweet and snuggly.
Whirlwind? Yes.
Very fun? Yes.

Feet

When Natalie Telman was born, Kara and I took her to Naked Plates to do a footprint plaque (which now hangs in their living room) and some hand print ornaments for grandparents. And of course it was time to do the same with baby Michael! He was a big time trooper and didn't even wake up as I slathered his little paws with paint and stamped them onto pottery.

Food

What get-together with friends or family is complete without good food?? I had my first experience with Macaroni Grill (how HAVE I lived this long without it?) with Jenni and Sarah, enjoyed a wine spritzer with Kara and Ryan (who knew red wine + Diet Sprite would taste so good?), and Chinese food with Kristi and Chloe. And then a few stops at Starbucks on my way to work.

And now I need to kick-start that diet again, to be sure.

As much as I enjoy visits and good conversation and wedding dress shopping, I truly love coming home to my sweet husband and cuddly dog. One of these days I hope they'll be able to come to GR with me. But for now, yay for being home again!

3 comments:

Jaimbob said...

You are right about the picture... ;) Though I am a bit sad that we missed each other in passing... how often am I in GRap now that I live in DC... especially the same day as you but with 6 hours between me leaving and you getting there(((tear)))... I'm glad you had a great time!

Short Stop said...

I had SO much fun! Oh, the places our conversations went...

And, no...I have to disagree with Jamie...you are not right about the picture...you look FABULOUS! If only I'd gotten the memo to wear the adorable button down shirts. ;)

Jenni S. said...

Yeah, let's not rehash where ALL the conversation went...especially since I forever changed Sarah's view of me. LOL!

It was SO much fun - laughter and good food - how can you go wrong? :)