Friday, May 16, 2008

Not My Day

Well, it started out okay...

Woke up at 7:59 and started working. I was looking forward to the projects I had planned to during work, and really looking forward to a fun-filled weekend we've planned.

Then the Excel project I worked on all morning crashed, and somehow hadn't saved. So I started again at square one. Sigh. But Josh came home for lunch and helped me with a few spreadsheety problems, and I was able to send it where it needed to go. Not too painful.

After lunch, however, I started to feel yucky. Nothing life-threatening, just yucky. I figured I'd lie down and get some energy back, so headed upstairs with Riley for a nap.

Then my phone started ringing. I stumbled out of bed, but couldn't find it anywhere... not in my laptop bag, my office, under couch cushions... and yet I could still hear it ring. The sound was coming from the kitchen, but again it wasn't anywhere to be found. After significant further investigation (and another missed call) I finally found it.

In the trash.

In an old Wendy's bag.

And who had been calling me? Oh right, the coworkers that I'd set up a meeting with. Had I remembered that I had a Friday afternoon meeting? No. Had I prepared for it? No.

*Sigh*

Thankfully they were gracious and rescheduled for Monday. Hopefully I'll be able to get my head on straight again soon!

3 comments:

Short Stop said...

The phone: did you check the ceiling? LOL!!!!

Oh boy, after a day like that, you need a night out! Looking forward to it.

Paulina said...

Yes that's a great Idea! That way we can track them in their pregnancies! Sorry to hear about your bad day...hopefully this week will be much better!

Jenni S. said...

Sounds like my day last week! LOVED Sarah's comment! LOL!