Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Dirty Dancing on Oprah

Okay, I've LOVED the movie Dirty Dancing since I was a teenager.

Nobody puts Baby in a corner.

And of course I love THE DANCE. I like to dance in my chair like Baby's sister Lisa when I hear this song.




And then when I heard that a cute couple took the time to learn this song for their first dance at their wedding reception, I HAD to check it out on YouTube. WHAT an idea! They nailed it. And 4.7 million views later, I think others agree.




So today I was watching Oprah - wait, can I admit that? Well, I work from home and often have the TV on for background noise. My interest was immediately piqued when Oprah mentioned Dirty Dancing and YouTube, and I was excited to watch the stars of the YouTube video - Julia and James - actually perform the dance right there on Oprah's stage. How exciting. (And holy cow I would be so nervous if I were them!)

BUT THEN

Who else put PATRICK SWAYZE himself walks on stage! EEK! Not only that, he cuts in on James and dances the rest of the song with Julia. Can you only imagine?!?! Dancing THAT SONG - all classic moves included - with "Johnny" himself?

I don't think I've ever laughed out loud in sheer joy and clapped at the TV (especially when Oprah is on) before. But there you have it. I loved the moment so much I had to share it with you all.

4 comments:

meganhoeksema said...

I love it! I don't know how people can NOT love that movie. It is all good cheesy fun.

Short Stop said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!

That is totally and completely awesome in EVERY way!

That has to be one of my favorite youtube videos of all time. Really. LOVE it.

Jenni S. said...

LOL!!! Oh my goodness, Jess, THAT IS AWESOME. Thank you for sharing that!

Erika said...

Too Funny! Thanks for the smiles and the laugh. That would have been something to see :)