Thursday, July 24, 2008

Favorites: Flip-Flops

For those of you unfamiliar with this style of flip-flop, these are REEFS in their purest form. I bought my first pair (pink!) in 2003 and have loved them ever since. At first I was a little unsure about spending $20 on a simple pair of flip-flops, but they're worth every penny. They really have decent support and are entirely comfortable. I spent the summer of 2004 in Istanbul, walking at least an hour a day in these puppies and never had any problems with sore feet.

I now have them (yes, the same exact shoe!) in four colors:
Pink
Blue
Tan
Black

I was tempted by chocolate-colored ones at the mall today, but managed to pass them by. I thought 5 pairs might be a little much. However, I do wear them every single day in the summer, so the PPW (price per wear) would be pretty low.

Maybe I'll have to go back and get them after all...

5 comments:

the buurstra's said...

Coming from an ex-flip flop addict, GO BUY THE BROWN PAIR TOO!! :)

Sadly I had to give up the flip flops. I think my old body is giving out in certain areas and the feet are aparently going first. My feet would hurt like none other after a day in flops. Maybe it's bc I only bought the $5 Old Navy ones??!!

Now I have orthopedic old lady sandals...j/k. Maybe? You can be the judge this weekend. :)

Jaimbob said...

Oh how I love my reefs! ;) I own 2 pairs of black and a pair of light blue ones! I wear them everywhere especially now that it is so hot in Virginia! ;) The other day at church my friend asked me if I was wearing my dressy reefs (because I had switched to the light blue pair... ;) )

How can you go wrong with a company that has the idea of building a flask into its flip-flops... ;) (check out the reef dram sandal)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who blogs about footwear! :o) I'll have to check them out; I love flip flops.

Nice blog! Check mine out sometime, if you'd like.

Lynn said...

How can someone with the last name of BROWN not buy the BROWN pair of flops?!? Seriously, your feet and wardrobe will thank you. After all, brown is the new black. ;o)

I haven't heard of these...hmm...

Jenni S. said...

LOL - OK that's just crazy because I just bought a second pair of flip-flops in a different color, but same style as a current pair. What is it about women and shoes??? It's really a sickness for me. :)