Tuesday, July 22, 2008

It Has Begun...

Wedding Mania, that is.

We got married in June of 2005. That summer we also attended the weddings of:

Michelle (cousin) and Rowley
Bill and Paulina (friends from college)
Chris and DeeDee (friends from college)
Carmen (friends from high school/church growing up) and Phil

Throw in a couple of showers, including my own, and things got pretty crazy pretty quickly.

Carmen and I actually teamed up, along with our moms, to trade wedding work with each other. It was wonderful having someone else take care of the day-of details... from transporting the flower centerpieces to setting out table numbers. Then we helped them the next month with all of those kinds of things as well. Not only was it wonderful to have these things taken care of, we all had a blast doing it. We even had similar colors and shared things like church banners and tablecloth overlays.

This is my big tip to anyone who:
a. will someday plan a wedding (for yourself or your daughter), and
b. won't be using a wedding planner. (If you do go that route, I hear Aletha does a great job)
Find yourself a wedding buddy.

Since that summer we've had a few weddings here and there, but Summer 2008 is shaping up to be pretty crazy once again.

On Friday night I helped out, along with my parents, at the wedding of Carmen's sister, Stephanie. It was like old times again, and definitely brought us all back! Stephanie's wedding was quite a swanky affair. She included so many cute and classy details and planned everything really well. It was beautiful. Just in case you like wedding stuff as much as me I've included some pictures:



In addition to Steph's wedding, we have two more planned for this summer:

Rebecca (cousin) and Mike
Erin (cousin) and Pablo

Both of these girls are quite dear to me, and I'm so very excited for them!

But with three weddings and four showers within a span of two months, I think Wedding Mania is indeed the appropriate term.

1 comment:

Jenni S. said...

Wow, Jess. That wedding was beautiful! Love the colors!