Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Apple Dip

We love our apples around here. And by "we" I mean me.

Josh likes apples, but doesn't have the passionate love for them that I do.

But, for him, the scale tips to "love" when there is apple dip involved.

This is his mom's recipe:

8 oz. cream cheese (or the lower cal version works fine, too)
3/4 C brown sugar
dash cinnamon
dash nutmeg
1 t vanilla

Take the cream cheese out of the fridge and let it soften for a half hour or so. Put it in bowl and use a hand mixer to whip it up. Add all of the other ingredients and mix until blended.

And then...

Cut up some apples into slices.

And enjoy them together.
1003_1446bl

MMMM.
1003_1451bl

The dip tastes great without apples, too.
1003_1456bl

4 comments:

Jenni S. said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE cream cheese fruit dip. I'm gonna have to try that as soon as we go pick apples!

Short Stop said...

This. looks. wonderful!!

Anonymous said...

MMMM indeed! I finally got around to making the dip for myself and it's quite tasty!

Kristen said...

i made this for our teens last night... it lasted a whole two minutes. they LOVED it and were eating it by the spoonfuls.

my favorite comment "it looks like tuna but it tastes really good."