Monday, December 7, 2009

A Brown Family Announcement

There’s a little something going on around here that I’m so excited to share with you all. In fact, I’ve been dying to blog about it for weeks.

The Brown family is under construction. And we’re thrilled about it.

Baby B 2

We’re in the early stages of an international adoption process, and are planning on welcoming a little boy from Russia into our family. We pray we’ll be able to bring him home by next Christmas.

More details to follow, but in the meantime, what are your questions? Maybe you're unfamiliar with adoptions. Maybe you just want to know more about why we chose this path. I know we still have a lot to learn about all of this, but have done some significant heart-searching, praying, and research over the past couple of months. And we're excited to share this journey with all of you.

And we could use your prayers, bloggy friends.
For the health and safety of our future baby, who may or may not be born already, and who will most likely spend several months of his life in a Russian orphanage.
For the process. The paperwork. The home study. The judges and courts and officials.
For us. That we depend on and trust in the Lord throughout this journey – a journey we feel His calling to begin. That we make wise decisions as we prepare to welcome this little guy into our home. That we grow closer to each other in this process.

16 comments:

Paulina said...

Oh my goodness! That is so exciting and wonderful! We will be praying for the arrival of this precious baby into your arms. My friend's parents adopted and little girl and boy from Russia. They happened to be brother and sister which was neat. They have been in the states for 5 years now and are doing great! This is so cool-great news.

Unknown said...

I am excited for both of you! I am praying for you and your future child. Please keep me updated on how I can pray for you and Josh during this exciting time!

Aletha | Pearls Events said...

This is amazing news, Jessica & Josh! Congrats to you and I'll keep you in my thoughts as the adoption process continues.

I would love to know more about why you chose this path, why you're adopting from Russia vs. any other country and how long this has been in the works. Adoption is a huge interest of mine, but I've never looked into it much.

And I'm not sure if you're aware, but MANY of the awesome local photogs do FREE family sessions for families who adopt - just an FYI when he arrives!

Happy Holidays to you all :)

Ani said...

Congratulations! I'm going to go ahead and assume that I'm allowed to post adoption-related comments on your blog now :) Jeff and I really excited for you guys, and can't wait to have a fun adoptive family get-together with your family sometime! You will certainly be in our prayers throughout this whole process!

Jenni S. said...

Oh my goodness, Jess, that happened quickly! Or did you know more and couldn't tell me yet. Wow. I will absolutely be praying for you all!!!!

Short Stop said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Short Stop said...

Praying for you. Thinking of you. And, SO incredibly excited for you.

carrie said...

I love love love this news! I was wondering when I'd hear something of this sort :)You and Josh will both be on my heart and in my prayers as you anxiously await the arrival of this little one to join your family.

Camie said...

Thanks for sharing this exciting news Jessica!! I understand it can be a long process, so thank you for including your blog readers in the whole journey. What a wonderful blessing for both you and for your sweet boy.

Alli and Phil said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Jessica!

Tanya Searle said...

We are so excited for you both. You will make great parents :). We would love to know more about the process and why you chose this path if you are willing to share.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congratulations! I'll definitely be praying for all four of you (babies can be a rough transitions for puppies too). :)

Janine D. said...

Wow, that's wonderful! I'm so excited for you and Josh (and Riley too, afterall, a dog needs a boy!). Alex told me a little about it this morning, so I came right here to your blog to get the scoop. Congratulations!

Sam said...

Wow, praise God...I second like everyone else's response. Ditto about keeping us posted on how we can pray. That is wonderful and incredible news. Amen that we have all been adopted in Christ.

Kristen said...

YEAH!!! i am so excited for you guys.