Thursday, July 12, 2012

And we chose...

#4.

We purposely tried not to appear too biased in the last post, but we really liked #4 from the moment we walked in.


flat1

We appreciate the light and layout and size and style. And location. Big time. It's pretty close to downtown Richmond (meaning a 5-10 minute walk to the grocery store, restaurants, and the train station) AND next door to a great park/playground area. And as any mother of toddlers knows, access to space to let them romp around and tire themselves out is crucial to daily survival.

Is the second floor/stroller/two babies thing going to be a pain? Yes. However, in about five months I'm going to need to work off some major baby weight (thanks, Pei Wei!) so a few stairs will do me good. In any case we feel totally humbled and blessed to have such a great place waiting for us when we arrive. We definitely don't deserve to be this spoiled. It isn't furnished, so we'll either pack up some of our stuff from Ohio and ship it, or else fill 'er up with a bunch of cute furniture from Sweden. Stil working out those details, but either way we're excited about it.

6 comments:

Tom, Beth, and Ainsley said...

Know exactly how you feel! We live on the third floor of our apartment in Germany. I have to haul all my groceries and the stroller up three flights. It's been a workout. I usually leave the groceries at the bottom and even leave Sam in the stroller when I carry him up, then go back down for the groceries. Anyway, you'll figure it out. The place looks amazing! Good luck with your big move! I'm totally jealous!

Amber said...

You fooled me! I thought for sure you'd go for #1. Congrats! I'm so excited for you guys :)

Ali said...

I want to go to there. (in my best Liz Lemon impersonation)

Short Stop said...

It's beautiful and I am SO happy for you guys! Such an exciting time for you. Love you!

Beth said...

Great choice! Love the yard!

Beth said...

The bright white/super modern look would work well with Ikea stuff. The kitchen looks like Ikea already!